The University uses a number of tools and mechanisms to record the following non-identifying information in relation to website users:
- The internet address of the browser being used
- The user’s internet server address
- The user’s domain name
- The IP address of the user
- The date, time and duration of the user’s visit to our web site
- The pages accessed and the documents the user downloaded
- The previous site the user visited
- The type of web browser software used
The University uses this information to: aggregate website statistics and measure traffic patterns to, from, and within this site; help us to better understand our website audience; improve our services to students, and; for targeted marketing and student recruitment purposes.
A cookie is a small text file which has a limited lifetime. Information supplied by cookies helps us to understand our visitors and how they use our site, and provides users with a better experience. The Massey University website uses first-party and third-party cookies in the following ways:
- to personalise your visit to the Massey website
- to provide information about Massey to you throughout your browsing experience
- to obtain non-identifying information about your demographic group and general interests
- to serve ads based on your past visits to our site
You can choose to opt out of Google Analytics for at any time by changing your ad settings. You can also use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on so your visits are not tracked into Google Analytics.